So what’s the difference between promoting your website and a brick and mortar store? That’s a common question asked by new internet marketers. It turns out the principles are the same but the methods are different. Let’s take a look at how.
The main object of promoting either store is to first create awareness of the stores existence. Secondly you want them to know what you offer and why it will improve their life. Next you want to show them how yours is better than others in the market. This is all to achieve your final goal of visiting your store or site. Making the sale is another topic all together.
If you have real deep pockets depends on your target and country you can start by advertising in the your loca news paper for a brick and mortar store or on MSN, Google or Yahoo sites if you’re on the internet. Of course you have to remember your AOL users won’t see you there just as your CBS watchers won’t see you on NBC. Most start ups aren’t going to worry about this problem as they don’t have the money to do this kind of advertising.
So what method do you use to advertise and drive traffic cost effectively to your site?
• Tell your friends and family about your site. The average person has about 250 people they would invite to their wedding. Let them know what you’re doing.
• Sign up for a leads service that will refer leads to your site. This will be a nominal expense in relation to the leads if you use the right service.
• Post your helpful opinions on forum web sites. This will add credibility to you as an expert and refer people back to your site.
• Place Solo Ads in targeted ezines. Ezines are electronic newsletters that are directed to select groups. This is a very effective method.
• Google Adwords is another way to reach your potential clients. Google adwords allows you to promote your website anytime someone searches for the words or phrases you have selected.
• Another effective method is to make promotional handouts that can be passed out to those you meet. Of course this must direct people to your website.
• Place newspaper classifieds. You can put together a very cost effective campaign using weekly papers that are less costly and can reach your target market.
• Write and publish articles just like this one that show your expertise and direct clients back to your website.
• Start your own blog. Your own blog allows you to ad more pages of content that refers potential clients back and forth from your website to the blog and vise versa.
• Write, have written for you or find an eBook you can brand. The eBook should refer and link to your website throughout the book. This not only shows you to be an authority but also where they can learn more. Advertise your FREE eBook and give it away.
There you have ten ways to promote your website. It’s like advertising a garage sale with yard signs all over town. It’s like putting signs all down the interstate that directs people to which exit they need to visit you. The internet is continually growing. The potential is endless. Go get your share.