1) How much money is involved in getting your site up and running? There are providers of affordable and reliable hosting that can make the site function, usually within 24 hours .. Web hosting may not be the only influential factor for their expenses, although the site. Others might be: SEO, marketing, etc. ..
2) How much space do you need your website? It is important to ensure that if your site requires database storage of large or simple static site using less space.
3) the bandwidth must also be a criterion. If you run large files through your site every day, you may need more bandwidth. And for a static site, providing only information on company data and contact, you can go lower bandwidth.
4) Make sure that if your site requires any special software to run scripts correctly on your website. Consult the website hosting company before making your choice.
5) Does your site require a database? It is advisable to consult your hosting provider if you can host a database and some providers host only certain types. If your site requires a database, check all the requirements with the web hosting provider.
Well, after I asked the above questions, visualize your site and its effects. Have a clear navigation chart with links from the homepage of all internal pages and so on. Write the function of each link on the web. It is better to work on it twice to three times so that when it is actually created on your system, you and your hosting provider will not be surprised by the additional requirements that may arise that you have missed.
His research companies to web hosting, multiple always wise before making your final decision. Go through their server software, the hardware and technical requirements. Compare with other web hosting companies before making a decision.
Finally, go through various forums related to hosting providers web site, you will find a lot of good information.